Penwartha Cottages LICENSE TO OCCUPY – TERMS & CONDITIONS
The property’ is offered as a license to occupy by the licensor ‘the owner’, to the licensee, ‘the client for the time it is to be occupied by the him/her, ‘the license of occupation period’.
1. To reserve the property the client should complete and sign the booking form, and return it too to the owner with payment of the initial non-returnable deposit, an amount equal to 20% of the total fee due. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the owner will send
confirmation/ invoice. This is a formal acceptance of the booking.
2. The balance of the fee due is payable so as to have been received and cashed by the owner not less than 6 weeks (42 days) before the start of the license period, ‘the due date’. If payment
is not received by the due date, the owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the owner is able to re-let the property. In this event, Clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within 6 weeks of the start of the license period require full payment at the time of booking.
3. Cash Deposit In certain circumstances the owners reserve the right to request a cash security deposit payable at the commencement of the holiday, collected in person and repayable by cheque or bank transfer within 14 days of the end of the holiday. This requirement will be
notified upon receipt of booking details and must be agreed by all guests and will be conditional to the holiday proceeding.
4. Heating, Lighting and Solid Fuel The fee for The Studio and Bill’s Barn includes all reasonable Electricity, Water and Sewerage. Enough logs and coal will be provided to enable
the client to light the log burner for the first night. Thereafter, additional coal and logs should be purchased by the client.
5. Bed Linen and Towels The Studio – linen to include duvet covers, sheets, pillowcases, bath and hand towels, bath mats and a tea towel. Bill’s Barn – linen to include duvet covers, sheets,
pillowcases, bath and hand towels, bath mats and a tea towel.
6. Subject to Clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the owner is able to re-let the property, and any expenses or losses incurred in so
doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy offering full cover for cancellation, the party’s personal belongings, etc., since these are not covered by the owner’s insurance.
7. The license to occupy period shall commence at 15:00 on the first day of the license to occupy period and shall end at 10.00hrs on the last day at which point the license to occupy will be
deemed irrevocably terminated. The owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the times
stated unless by prior arrangement with the owner.
8. The maximum number to occupy the property under license must not exceed the number as shown for each property in our advertisements and shall not in any event exceed the number stated on the Booking Form. The Studio maximum occupancy is 2. Bill’s Barn maximum occupancy is 2 plus a cot for an infant.
9. Pets. Unless specifically provided for in our brochure, no dogs shall not be automatically allowed into the property during the license to occupy period. Dogs which are accepted are
subject to a £20 charge for each dog, for the period of the license to occupy. Dogs should not be allowed to remain unattended or locked in any space within the property. Dogs are not allowed on furniture. A vacuum can be provided for daily cleaning.
10. All of our properties are STRICTLY no smoking, as is the land which surrounds them, naked flames; i.e. candles, tea lights, incense burners or oil burners or vaporisers and the like are not permitted within the confines of the properties.
11. The client agrees to be considerate and to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the license period. Should the property not be left in a clean and tidy condition, the owner reserves the right to charge the client for the reasonable cost of
providing for this on departure. The Licensee hereby acknowledges that the Licensor and his agents have unrestricted right of access at all times to the space for the time being used by the Licensee.
12. The client shall be liable to the owner for the cost of repairing any malicious damage to the property, including, but not limited to, all internal aspects of the property, any or all of its contents (equipment, plant, machinery or appliances), its gardens, garden furniture and outbuildings, and
the cost of repairing or replacing them.
13. The client shall report to the owner without delay any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the property or garden and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as practicable.
14. The owner shall not be liable to the client for: A. Any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or
appliance in the property or garden; B. Any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owner; C. Any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the owner shall within seven days of notification to the client, refund to the client all such sums previously paid in respect of the license period. D. The owners cannot be held to account for any event [private or public] being held in the area generally or adjacent to the rented property specifically which may affect your occupation of the property nor any building works in any neighbouring or other property.
15. There should be no reason for guests to move furniture or any item in the property but, if so moved these items should be replaced in their original positions as at the commencement of the license to occupy, prior to departure.
16. Under no circumstances shall the owner’s liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the owner for the license to occupy period.
This license shall be governed by English law in every particular, including formation and interpretation, and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought
COVID-19 Temporary Amendments
By taking their booking The Client agrees to the below temporary measures introduced by The Host in light of the Covid19 pandemic.
The temporary additions to the Booking Terms and Conditions apply until further notice, to all bookings from 4th July 2020 onwards:
(i) If The Client, or any member of their party, develop symptoms related to Covid19 they agree to report immediately to The Owner. The Client and their party will vacate the
property immediately and return to their home address for support from their registered healthcare provider.
(ii) In light of any symptoms, The Client is liable for payment of additional cleaning and defumigation costs. If self-isolation is required to take place in the booked property, then all fees for all bookings affected by this self-isolation will be borne by the guest.
(iii) If The Client, or a member of their party, are contacted by the Track & Trace system they agree to report this immediately to The Owner, in this instance, clauses (i) and (ii) apply.
(iv) The Client agrees to adhere to public health guidelines – to remove all linen from beds and place in the bags provided, prior to departure.
(v) The Client and all members of their party agree to adhere to all guidelines in place by The Agent, for the duration of the booking, to comply with Public Health England guidelines.